Site navigation: The first header menu contains forum posts by category and the second header menu pulls down to access webpages. The search entry is on the right of the header. Please explore our site to learn how our non-profit historical society can help you discover your ancestry and create your own legacy:
- Genetic Ancestry testing experiences from various companies
- Traditional Collaborative Genealogy Services
- Giants Academy Heritage Classes
Preserve your story with our
- Photo and Media Preservation Services
- Videotaping of family stories
Share your story
- Create your Family History Book
- Share your experiences with Genetic Ancestry testing from various companies
- Create Family Trees for printing or sharing online
- Create a Family Oral History using our Video Documentary Services
Interpret your story
- In the poetic context of the Circle of Life after reading from our Interpreting History>Inspiration page above
- With others interested in resurrecting Multigenerational Consciousness by selecting from our Interpreting History>Resurrecting Multigenerational Consciousness page above
- With others by booking our beautiful Immigrant Hall for your Family Reunion or Lag Convention
So, why not get started today? Join at our Giant level or higher and get a complimentary DNA based genetic ancestry test kit, fill in what you know about your family tree, and begin your genetic genealogy adventure. Genetic ancestry will jump start your family tree. Genetic ancestry will fill in the blanks on an existing family tree. Read more under Genetic Ancestry from the header menu.
World-wide ancestry finding service, small town friendliness
We help our members build their family stories through traditional and genetic genealogy, oral histories, and photo preservation, because we believe an empowering heritage narrative is everyone’s birthright. We hope you will bookmark this page, like our Facebook page, and recommend us to your friends on Facebook. trueheritage.org –empowering families to optimally live, love, learn, and leave a legacy.
Headquartered in historic Spring Grove, Minnesota’s first Norwegian community, our heritage center seeks to promote multigenerational stewardship locally and internationally through:
1. Helping you honor the “giants” in your family and community whose life work helped or will help subsequent generations to receive a true heritage: health, good will, self-control, and understanding.
2. Empowering people to reconnect with their long-lost cousins across the oceans with the latest genetic ancestry testing and social computer technology.
3. Building stronger local community interaction by serving as an umbrella organization that unites all heritage-conscious organizations.
4. Promoting intergenerational interactions and good will.
5. Providing a forum for members to deconstruct their personal heritage narrative and rebuild it in a way that treasures the uniqueness of the patchwork quilt they are.
6. Giving each member the empirical tools, through their own actual personalized family history, to critically analyze what lifestyles have and have not worked for real people (usually their own ancestors), so that they may use this information to get into adaptive habits and that empower them to attain their life goals.
“Wow! Awesome articles!!! I’m already beginning to get a paradigm shift in my thinking and am hungry to understand more. I’m so interested in my ancestors and their way of life! I really want to get into the study their lives and values and principles so that I might be able to incorporate even a small amount of them into my life to yield a more satisfying, purposeful, effectual life that I can help pass on to my children.”-Jan Gray
“I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one today.” -Isabella Plath
“Your website is wonderful, it influenced me to travel over 200 miles to visit your research center…It was worth the trip!” -Judy Wester